An email update I sent to close family and friends on March 25th is copied below.
As we contemplate the crucifixion and look forward to the joy of the resurrection, we want to share some hopeful news. It’s been an eventful week! Our house was shown during an open house on Sunday afternoon (we were thankful the snow held off until early Monday!). We received an offer we couldn’t refuse on Tuesday (above asking price and a timeline well within our comfort zone). I received confirmation of my security clearance on Wednesday morning, which allowed us to confidently accept the purchase offer. The official job offer is still pending, but I expect to hear next week (Good Friday and Easter Monday holidays are likely delaying this step). We’ve been praying very specifically over this for the past several weeks and the answers came in God’s perfect timing! We are SO thankful for his faithfulness to us! We now have a better sense of our timeline and expect that we will leave for NL sometime in mid-May.
We continue to try to trust God with the issue that is the most difficult and heavy on our hearts. A mediation meeting on Monday was somewhat productive in that D made further concessions. After we discussed it and studied the calendar yet again, he requested partial return of the concessions he made — 28 days vs 25 days (down from 30 days recommended by the mediator), but there was no agreement on this. There is much I could say about this, but we truly need to trust the Lord with all of our hearts and not rely on our own understanding. He WILL make our path straight, if we submit this to him — and we have submitted it over and over again. I’ll stand on that promise instead of churning over a personality that we can’t control. Lord have mercy! Our biggest concern is K’s well being — not just the face to face time that we are struggling so hard to obtain, but the time apart and how to continue to be a positive and constant influence in her life. Please continue to pray with us about this!